Header

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Backdated: Rice dumpling

You know i'm up to something when the kitchen countertops is full of stuff. I'm going to make rice dumplings.


Well, i helped my mom back in singapore wrap these pyramid shaped rice dumplings since i was a teenager, so i say i'm pretty good at wrapping it. Only issue is, i never had to prep or cook them. All i had to do was, wrap them and my mom handles everything else. Since my mom thinks i do a better wrapping than her. Oh well, there's always a first time for everything..


I'm going to make Nonya rice dumpling simply because my husband likes this. Well, my mom never made Nonya rice dumpling, so this is me following some receipe i found online. This receipe calls for the 50% of the rice to be soak in pandan essence overnight. Which explains the green color. 


Here's the wrapped rice dumplings for boiling.

After 2 hours, the dumplings are done. Let's just say the green colored rice was a little odd, i should have more meat to rice ratio, and also drop the peanuts altogether. Otherwise it tasted ok. Guess i'm going to try it at least a few more times before i give it 100% score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts