Header

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A letter for my child - When i'm old

Sharing with everyone a poem i came across a while back that still touched me deeply.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i'm old and no longer me again
Please forgive me, and have some compassion on me
When i spill soup on my clothes, or when i forget how to tie shoelace.
Remember how i once used to hold ur hand and teach u

When i repeatedly say things u are tired of listening
Please listen to me patiently and not interrupt me
When u were small, i also had to repeatedly read millions of story book to get you to sleep

When i need your assistance to bath, please don't scold me.
Remember when you were small, i have to devise ways to get to to bathe too.

When i'm lost with the new technologies and devices, please don't laugh at me.
Remember once how i had to answer your every question beginning with "Why"

When both my legs are tired and unable to walk
Hold out your youthful hand to give me a handJust like when you were young and i held you

When i forget what we were just talking about, please give me some time to recall.
To me, it's not the topic that's impt, What matters is you sitting by my side to listen.

When you see me grow old and move on, please do not be sad.
Understand me, support me, just like how i taught you to live

How i taught you to walk your path of life.
Now, accompany me on my last stage of life, give me love, patience, i will repay with my grateful smile.
This smile to carry my unlimited love for you.

translated by ella from http://quanyifong.com/%E5%AF%AB%E7%B5%A6%E5%AD%A9%E5%AD%90%E7%9A%84%E4%B8%80%E5%B0%81%E4%BF%A1-%E7%95%B6%E6%88%91%E8%80%81%E4%BA%86/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts