Header

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sun Dinner: Ramen Showdown

Ramen Showdown
Back in Singapore, JY and I loved the tom yum instant noodle. Although we're in US at the moment, there's lots of Korean/Japanese/Chinese supermarket around. And, along with them, tons of different types of instant noodles to be found. Our mission now, to find a ramen that reminds us of the tom yum instant noodle! "Ramen Showdown" begins!!!

Neoguri Neoguri
Jingying's Score: 5.5 /10, I find the udon noodles rather thick and it was rather spicy.
Derrick's Score: 6/10, I didn't eat much of this packet. However, I didn't like the thick noodles. It was quite spicy though, so it'll be nice for a hot winter night.


Shin Ramyun Shin Ramyun
Jingying's Score: 6/10, The soup was just spicy, good for cold days
Derrick's Score: 5/10, Again, I didn't eat much of this packet. I found it to be quite bland. All I could taste was the chilli. The noodle was not fantastic, but ok.

Kimchi Ramem Kimchi Ramem
Jingying's Score: 6/10, It's not too spicy with a strong taste of kimchi
Derrick's Score: 8/10, I enjoyed eating this one. The noodle was very bouncy and the soup was tasty. However, would have been better if it was slightly more spicy.

Chapagetti Chapagetti
[We have yet to try this. To be updated later.]

Jin Ramyon Jin Ramyon
[We have yet to try this. To be updated later.]

An Sung Tang Myun An Sung Tang Myun
[We have yet to try this. To be updated later.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts