Header

Monday, October 22, 2007

Round 2: Chicken rice again

Yes... after my last round of successful microwaved chicken rice, I decided to cook chicken rice again. Well.. there was a promotion on whole chicken and i had 1 in my freezer. Wanted to stew soup but Derrick suggested cooking chicken rice instead. This was one of the smallest chicken i could find. 3pounds.. Nice size in my opinion.

And.. No microwave this time. Authentic boiled chicken, although i did add chicken stock to the rice. At first, i wasn't too sure about the outcome of the chicken rice and didn't invite my housemates to it. Well.. It's my first time boiling chicken and cooking chicken rice the authentic way.. But in the end, i asked them to join in.. Hee.. help to sample test my cooking?

Results? Yummy yummy. Rice was certainly more fragant than the last round of microwaved rice and the wetness of the rice was perfect. Last round the rice was too wet, it's difficult to gauge the amount of water with the chicken on top of the rice when cooking.
Chicken Rice

as for the chicken, Definitely a world of difference with whole chicken as compared to chicken parts. Now, this dish definitely going to join my list of 'monthly" dish to cook...
Even the vegetable taste better than usual. I used the chicken stock to boil the vegetable and they taste yummy.
Veg

Hee.. need supporters to help me eat the whole chicken.. =)
Chicken



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts