Header

Monday, May 19, 2008

My love for durian

Yes, my family calls me "榴莲鬼" in hokkien and i believe this passion i have, begins in my childhood days. In fact, on my recent trip back home, i chanced upon this picture of me and my brother opening durian and digging in. Yes, i do recall the 2 of us, opening durians and eating. And in case you are not aware, it's not easy to open the thorny fruit.

oh... i miss those days when we have the kampung durians. The ones that fall from the trees right behind our houses. To me, these fruits taste the best among all the species. Maybe it's the sheer novelty of finding the fruit on the ground in the morning.

Looking back at this picture really brings back sweet memories.

Durian Queen

There's a myth that durians only fall from the tree at night. How true? I guess, we need a mythbuster to go and prove this. This trip back home, i have the luxury of having a lot of durian. In fact, i'm so shocked at the varieties of durian i had. Here's the list:
Durian 1
Durian roll from Goodwood hotel
Durian 2
Durian roll from Angie's choice
Durian 3
The real fruit and yes. it looked like poo
Durian 4
Durian 5
Durian puffs from Puteri Mas. yummy... this is the best among all
Durian 6
Durian pia from Vietnam

Special thanks to all who made it possible for ella to eat so many different varieties of durian.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmm... Angie's durian rolls look strangly like a plastic bag

    :P

    lalalala....

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger ella said...

    No prizes for guessing whether i did eat the plastic bag anot..
    =P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts