Header

Thursday, August 20, 2009

2pid me

i was stumped, i really do mean it. Was looking at facebook wall posts and saw this. "IDK ANI1 WIB TT NAME LO" Took me really long.. and i still couldn't figure it out what it means.

At work, my teammates often make fun of me on the short form words that i use. Yes, words like " brt", "ard", "omw", people here, have trouble understanding these very words. To think that they are really really common. I guess when i used to text a lot using my handphone, i would use all these short formed words to save on the message size. There's a limit to each SMS.

And to think that i am stumped at the very sentence of short formed words. What an irony... Well maybe, i'm getting old and there's a generation gap forming. Or more likely, it's the lack of use of these short formed words over here, that i'm getting rusty.

Well, i guess they also make fun of my British English and i'm slowly being converted i guess.. People! What is this language? It's not even British English nor American english..

p/s: Here's some definitions:
2pid = stupid
IDK ANI1 WIB TT NAME LO = I don't know anyone with that name lor
brt = Be right there
ard = around
omw = On my way
SMS = Short Message Service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts