Header

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vietnamese coffee should come with a red warning. Seriously...

Last Sunday afternoon, we decided to Pho Thai and have Vietnamese Beef Noodle for lunch. Since i didn't have my coffee for the day yet, Derrick suggested me to have coffee there instead of me making instant coffee. So off we go for lunch...

Well.. Mistake 1. Ordered coffee and said Yes when the waiter asked "Do it your own?" Apparently it's slow drip coffee that's super slow... So there i was feeling irritated that i have to wait for the coffee to slowly slowly drip to fill the cup. Seriously, it feels like forever.

Mistake 2. ermm.. Where's the sugar? I asked the waiter and he prompty pointed out that there's already condensed milk and sugar in the cup already. OMG.... super super sweet.. I asked for a much bigger cup and added a lot more water into the coffee.. Still super sweet and thick..

Yes, it feels even more potent than espresso coffee if you know what i mean... And the end result? It kept me awake for the whole day and night. Yes... I couldn't sleep at all and it was a nightmare..

Maybe it's because i already changed to drink decaffineated coffee instead now which has <1% caffeine. And regular coffee would mean a serious kick to me. Super intense and sweet vietnamese coffee would keep me awake for a full 24 hours.

Now what level would espresso be in, i wonder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts