Header

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Should i have gone Orlando with Derrick?

Things to consider:
1) It's a 1 week trip
2) I will be required to attend seminars as part of my career development.
3) The seminar ticket alone cost USD$2000.
4) I just started on my job for 2 weeks
5) My mgr wanted me to go another seminar too but supports me going Orlando. Except i have to pay my own trip and will consider it as training and i won't have to take time off.

The cost would easily be USD$3000. The good thing is i get free hotel stay, get to attend seminars which-i-have-to-pay, get to go theme park which-i-have-to-pay-USD$100.

Both of us were initially excited about me going too. But after looking seriously at the cost, we figured, it's better not for me to go. We could think of much better things to do with that USD$3000.

Now, are we stingy? I don't think so. I'm being practical and reasonable here. Being a totally independent woman of today, i don't believe in sticking with my husband whether he goes. As much as i would like to attend Teched in Orlando and going to the theme parks there, i'm not comfortable paying 3k for this.

Now.. If you were me. Will you go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts